Toters is an on-demand e-commerce and delivery platform and operates a service that enables customers to get anything in their city at the highest level of convenience.
At Toters, technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have product teams that are working hard everyday to create products that make our customers' lives easier. Our engineers are also continuously creating solutions to make our processes more efficient, all in an effort to get to our customers fast and at the best cost. If you are interested in working in a high growth startup environment, and look to be part of a team that will potentially change the way customers shop in the Middle East, apply now.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for the efforts and results of the financial department. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Controller will oversee the financial and accounting department staff day-to-day operations. S/he will be responsible for second level financial control over Accounting (general ledger, consolidation packages local, IFRS), and Regulatory reporting for all financial and accounting activities; as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants
- Create monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions (revenue, billing, A/P, A/R, …) and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Input the monthly payroll into the accounting records, and liaise with the HR Department
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Support month-end and year-end closing processes
- Prepare the quarterly VAT returns and resolve of any issues, including VAT inspections
- Take responsibility for the year-end audit
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Assist in establishing and implementing financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow
- Document business processes and accounting policies
- Review all financial plans, budgets, and reports regularly, check for variances and discrepancies, and look for cost optimizing opportunities
- Assist in establishing financial and operating benchmarks, monitoring and reporting standards
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Report to the CFO with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Assist the CFO in other duties as may be reasonably needed
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in a business or finance environment, including several years of management experience
- Outstanding mathematical skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- High level of organizational skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills